In this episode of UnNiched,I had the pleasure of talking to financial adviser, Maddie Parker. Maddie talks about her transition from high school math teacher to financial adviser, transforming a long-standing practice into a modern business, and dealing with harassment and discrimination both as a teacher and a financial adviser. She shares her thoughts on cultivating relationships and resources to create a meaningful connection with clients.
- Why math skills should not be a barrier to becoming a financial adviser
- Relationships matter – Maddie Parker’s thoughts on how we talk to high school boys v. how we talk to high school girls
- Being young and female in a male dominated industry
- Working with family. How to interact with your dad when he’s also your boss
- Revolutionizing and modernizing a long-standing advisory business
- Responding to sexual harassment on social media
- Educating the next generation on respect and crossing the line into harassment
- The importance of surrounding yourself with the right tools and resources to be the type of adviser you want to be.
Subscribe to UnNiched: