On this episode of UnNiched, we meet Beryl Ball. Beryl knows how to command a room. And not just any room. A boardroom surrounded by windows and filled with male banking executives and their cigarette smoke. Beryl swallowed the nerves and self-doubt and made her presence known. And she’s been doing it ever since. Join Andrea and Beryl and they talk about overcoming fear and doubt, creating a network of support, and paving your own path.
Show Notes & References
Beryl Ball joined CAPTRUST in 2008 and serves as senior vice president, financial advisor responsible for providing retirement plan advisory services to corporate fiduciaries and fiduciaries of endowments and foundations.
Prior to joining the CAPTRUST, Beryl served as a senior vice president at SunTrust Bank-Mid-Atlantic, and has worked in the industry since 1982.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in history and foreign language from the University of Richmond
- Master of Arts degree in foreign language from Purdue University
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor
Awards & Recognition
- 401kWire 300 Most Influential Advisors in Defined Contribution | 2010 and 2011
- NAPA Top Women Advisors | 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Member, Council of Independent Colleges, Virginia
- Speaker, Association of Municipal Retirement Systems
- Speaker, Central Virginia Employee Benefits Council